Mitsubishi Lancer Owners Manual
Procedure for replacing the remote control switch battery
1. Before replacing the battery, remove static electricity from your body by
touching a metal grounded object.
2. Remove the screw (A) from the remote control switch.
3. With the MITSUBISHI mark facing you, insert the clothcovered tip of a straight blade (or minus) screwdriver into the notch in the remote control switch case and use it to open the case.
► Be sure to perform the procedure with the MITSUBISHI mark facing you. If the MITSUBISHI mark is not facing you when you open the remote control switch case, the switches may come out.
4. Remove the remote control transmitter from the remote control switch case. Then, open the remote control transmitter using the method described in step 3.
5. Remove the old battery.
6. Install a new battery with the + side (B) down.
7. Close the remote control transmitter firmly.
8. Place the remote control transmitter in the remote control switch case, then securely close the remote control switch case.
9. Attach the screw (A) removed in step 2.
10. Check the keyless entry system to see that it works.
► You may purchase a replacement battery at an electric appliance store.
► A MITSUBISHI MOTORS Authorized Service Point can replace the battery for you if you prefer.
► When the remote control switch case is opened, be careful to keep water, dust, etc. out. Also, do not touch the internal components.