Mitsubishi Lancer Owners Manual
The emergency key fits all locks.
1- Keyless operation key
(with electronic immobilizer and keyless entry system function) 2- Emergency key
3- Key number tag
► When taking a key on flights, do not press any switches on the key while
on the plane. If a switch is pressed on the plane, the key emits electromagnetic
waves, which could adversely affect the plane’s flight operation.
When carrying a key in a bag, be careful that no switches on the key can be easily pressed by mistake.
► The key number is stamped on the tag as indicated in the illustration.
Make a record of the key number and store the key and key number tag in separate places, so that you can order a key in the event the original keys are lost.
► The key is a precision electronic device with a built-in signal transmitter. Please observe the following in order to prevent a malfunction.
• Do not leave in a place that is exposed to direct sunlight, for example on
• Do not disassemble or modify.
• Do not excessively bend the key or subject it to strong impacts.
• Do not expose to water.
• Keep away from magnetic key rings.
• Keep away from audio systems, personal computers, TVs, and other equipment that generates a magnetic field.
• Keep away from devices that emit strong electromagnetic waves, such as cellular phones, wireless devices and high frequency equipment (including medical devices).
• Do not clean with ultrasonic cleaners or similar equipment.
• Do not leave the key where it may be exposed to high temperature or high humidity.
► The engine is designed so that it will not start if the ID code registered in the immobilizer computer and the key’s ID code do not match. Refer to the “Electronic immobilizer” section for details and key usage.
► [For vehicles equipped with the security alarm system]
Pay attention to the following if the security alarm is set to “Active”.
Refer to “Security alarm system”.
• If the security alarm is in the system armed mode, the alarm will sound if
the doors and rear hatch are opened after being unlocked with the key, the inside
lock knob or the central door lock switch (vehicles equipped with the central door
• Even if the security alarm is set to “Active”, the system preparation mode is not entered if the keyless entry system or the keyless operation function was not used to lock the vehicle.