Mitsubishi Lancer Owners Manual
The windscreen washer can be operated with the ignition switch in the “ON” or “ACC” position.
The washer fluid will be sprayed onto the windscreen by pulling the lever towards you.
When the wipers are not in operation or in intermittent operation, by pulling the lever towards you, the wipers will operate several times while the washer fluid is being sprayed. Instruments and controls Except vehicles for Russia and Ukraine, then about 6 seconds later, wipers operate once more.
On vehicles equipped with a headlamp washer, while the headlamps are on, the headlamp washer will operate once together with the windscreen washer.
Also, except for vehicles for Russia and Ukraine, by releasing the lever soon after pulling it towards you, the washer fluids will be sprayed several times while the wipers are operating several times.
(Comfort washer) Then about 6 seconds later, wipers operate once more.
Comfort washer will stop operating with any operation of the lever.
► If the washer is used in cold weather, the washer fluid sprayed against
the glass may freeze resulting in poor visibility.
Heat the glass with the defroster or demister before using the washer.
► It is possible to modify functions as follows:
• Causing the wiper never to operate when washer fluid is sprayed.
• Except for vehicles for Russia and Ukraine, deactivating the comfort washer.
• Except for vehicles for Russia and Ukraine, deactivating the function that operates the wipers once more about 6 seconds later.
• Vehicles for Russia and Ukraine, activating the comfort washer.
• Vehicles for Russia and Ukraine, the wipers can be set to operate again after about 6 seconds.
For further information, we recommend you to consult a MITSUBISHI MOTORS Authorized Service Point.
On vehicles equipped with MITSUBISHI Multi-Communication System (MMCS), screen operations can be used to make the adjustment.
Refer to the separate owner’s manual for details.