Mitsubishi Lancer Owners Manual
Installing a child restraint system to the lower anchorage (ISOFIX child restraint mountings) and tether anchorage
Lower anchorage location
Your vehicle’s rear seat is fitted with lower anchorages for attaching a child restraint system with ISOFIX mountings.
Tether anchorage locations
There are 2 child restraint anchorage points located on the back of the seatbacks. These are for fastening the child restraint tether straps to the 2 rear seat seating positions.
► Child restraint anchorages are designed to withstand only those loads imposed by correctly fitted child restraints. Under no circumstances are they to be used for adult seat belts, harnesses, or for attaching other items or equipment to the vehicle.
► Do not use the rear seat centre tether anchorage with ISOFIX mountings.
Child restraint system with ISOFIX mountings
The child restraint system is designed only for seats that incorporate lower anchorages. Retain the child restraint system using the lower anchorages.
It is not necessary to retain the child restraint system using the vehicle’s seat belts.
A- Child restraint system connectors
1. Remove any foreign material in or around the connectors and ensure the vehicle
seat belt is in its normal storage position.
2. Push the child restraint system’s connectors (A) into the slit (B) in accordance with the instructions provided by the child restraint system’s manufacturer.
C- Vehicle seatback
D- Vehicle seat cushion
E- Lower anchorage
If your child restraint system requires the use of a tether strap, fasten the tether strap in accordance with steps 3 through 4.
3. Remove the head restraint from the location in which you wish to install a
4. Latch the top tether strap hook (F) of the child restraint system to the tether anchorage bar (G) and tighten the top tether anchorage strap so it is securely fastened.
5. Push and pull the child restraint system in all directions to be sure it is firmly secured.
Remove the child restraint in accordance with the instructions provided by the child restraint system’s manufacturer.