Mitsubishi Lancer Owners Manual
Keyless operation systemLocking and unlocking / Keyless operation system
The keyless operation system allows you to lock and unlock the doors and rear hatch and start the engine simply by carrying the keyless operation key with you.
The keyless operation key can also be used as the keyless entry system remote control switch.
Refer to “Keyless operation system: Keyless entry system”.
The driver should always carry the keyless operation key. This key is necessary for locking and unlocking the doors and rear hatch, starting the engine and otherwise operating the vehicle, so before locking and leaving the vehicle, be sure to check that you have the keyless operation key.
► People with implantable cardiac pacemakers or implantable cardiovascular-defibrillators should not go near the exterior transmitters (A) or the interior transmitters (B). The radio waves used by the keyless operation system could adversely affect implantable cardiac pacemakers or implantable cardiovascular-defibrillators.
► When using electro-medical devices other than implantable cardiac pacemakers or implantable cardiovascular-defibrillators, contact the electromedical device manufacturer ahead of time to determine the affects of radio waves on the devices.
Electromedical device operations could be affected by radio waves.
You can limit the possible operations of the keyless operation system in the following ways. (The keyless operation system can be used as a keyless entry system.) Consult a MITSUBISHI MOTORS Authorized Service Point.
• You can limit operations to locking and unlocking the doors and rear hatch.
• You can limit operations to starting the engine.
• The keyless operation system can be disabled.
When keyless operation system operations are modified, the transmitters operate as follows.
• Only locking and unlocking doors or rear hatch: exterior transmitter and interior
• Only starting the engine: interior transmitter
► The keyless operation key uses an ultra-weak electromagnetic wave. In the following cases, the keyless operation system may not operate properly or may be unstable.
• When there is equipment nearby that emits strong radio waves, such as: a power
station, a radio/TV broadcasting station or an airport.
• The keyless operation system is carried together with a communications device such as a cellular phone or radio set, or with an electronic device such as a personal computer.
• The keyless operation key is touching or covered by a metal object.
• A keyless entry system is being used nearby.
• When the keyless operation key battery is worn out.
• When the keyless operation key is placed in an area with strong radio waves or noise.
In such cases, use the emergency key.
Refer to “To operate without using the keyless operation function”.
► Because the keyless operation key receives signals in order to communicate with the transmitters in the vehicle, the battery continually wears down regardless of keyless operation key use. The battery life is 1 to 3 years, depending on usage conditions. When the battery wears out, have it replaced at a MITSUBISHI MOTORS Authorized Service Point.
► Because the keyless operation key continually receives signals, strong radio wave reception could affect battery wear. Do not leave the key near a TV, personal computer, or other electronic device.
Operating range of the keyless operation system
To operate using the keyless operation function
Electronic immobilizer (Anti-theft starting system)
Steering wheel lock
To operate without using the keyless operation function
Locking and unlocking the door
When turning from “LOCK” to “ACC”
To turn from “ACC” to “LOCK”
Using the MIVEC engine
Keyless entry system