Mitsubishi Lancer Owners Manual
1. Stop the vehicle completely using the brake pedal.
2. Release the brake pedal and the hill start assist will maintain the braking force applied while stopping for approximately 2 seconds.
3. Depress the accelerator pedal and the hill start assist gradually will decrease the braking force as the vehicle starts moving.
► The hill start assist is activated when all of the following conditions are
• The engine is running.
(The hill start assist will not be activated while the engine is starting or immediately after the engine is started.)
• The gearshift lever is in any position other than “P” (PARK) or “N” (NEUTRAL).
• The vehicle is completely stationary, with the brake pedal depressed.
• The parking brake is released.
► The hill start assist will not operate if the accelerator pedal is depressed before the brake pedal is released.
► The hill start assist also operates when reversing on an uphill slope.