Mitsubishi Lancer Owners Manual
Automatically restarting the engine
Depress the clutch pedal while the gearshift lever is in the “N” (Neutral) position. The “ ” display/indicator turns off and the engine restarts automatically.
► If the engine does not restart automatically or if the engine stalls, the charge
warning lamp and check engine warning lamp will illuminate.
If this occurs, the engine will not restart even if the clutch pedal is depressed again. While depressing the brake pedal, fully depress the clutch pedal and turn the ignition switch to the “START” position to start the engine.
For details, refer to “Keyless operation system: Starting” on pages 4-16, 1-20 or “Starting and stopping the engine”.
► In the following cases, the engine will restart automatically even if the
engine was stopped by the Auto Stop & Go (AS&G) system. Pay attention, otherwise
an unexpected accident might occur when the engine restarts.
• Vehicle speed is 3 km/h (2 mph) or higher when coasting down a slope • Brake booster vacuum pressure is low because the brake pedal is depressed repeatedly or depressed harder than usual
• Engine coolant temperature is low
• When the air conditioning is operated by pressing the air conditioning switch.
• When the preset temperature of the air conditioning is changed significantly.
• When the air conditioning is operated in AUTO mode where the temperature control dial is set to the max. hot or the max. cool position (for vehicles with automatic air conditioning).
• When the air conditioning is ON, the passenger compartment temperature rises and the air conditioning compressor operates to lower the temperature.
• Mode selection dial is set to the demister position. Refer to “For quick demisting” on pages 5-11, 5-15
• Electric power consumption is high, such as when the rear window demister or other electrical components are operating or the blower speed is set to a high setting.
► In the following cases, the engine will not restart automatically even if the
clutch pedal is depressed.
• While the engine is stopped automatically, the “Auto Stop & Go (AS&G) OFF” switch is pressed to deactivate the “Auto Stop & Go (AS&G) OFF” system.
• The driver has left the driver’s seat after unfastening the seat belt and opening the door.
► When the engine restarts automatically, the audio volume may temporarily decrease.
This does not indicate a malfunction.
► When the engine is stopped automatically, the air conditioning may temporarily change the air volume. This does not indicate a malfunction.